All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is conducted every year by National Law University Delhi.It is open for admissions to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programmes.
- Maximum Marks: 150
- Duration of Exam:90 mins
- No of Questions: 150
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Question Type: Multiple-Choice Questions
- Negative Marking:0.25 Mark for each wrong answer
- Verbal Ability
- Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
- Legal Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Techniques
Subject areas and marks distribution
- English 35 Marks
- General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, Civics) 35 Marks
- Legal Aptitude 35 Marks
- Reasoning 35 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) 10 Marks
|Issue of Notification||14th November, 2019|
|Start of online application form||15th January, 2020|
|Application form closes||30th June, 2020|
|Issue of Admit Card||24th July, 2020|
|Exam Date||9th August, 2020 (Tentative)|
|Time of Examination||10:00 AM to 11:30 AM|
|Publication of Official Answer Key||A day after the examination|
|Results||To be notified|
|Start of Counselling||Last week of May, 2020|
Eligibility & No. of Seats
- Based on Educational Qualification
- Senior Secondary School Examination (10+2 System) or Equivalent Examination with 50% marks.
- The candidates appearing in the 12th standard examination in March/April, 2020 can also apply.
- Based on Age
- There is no age limit
- Total Seats:
- 110+10 [110 Seats on merit through All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and 10 Seats for direct admission to Foreign Nationals on merit (5 seats for Foreign Nationals & 5 seats for OCI/PIO)].
- Foreign Nationals are exempted from AILET. Foreign Nationals to be eligible should have obtained 65% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Reservation: 50% seats are reserved for students of Delhi.
- For category wise reservation for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/ Persons with Disabilities and seat matrix, please visit University website https://www.nludelhi.ac.in
- One additional supernumerary seat for Kashmiri Migrants. Two additional supernumerary seats for Residents of Jammu & Kashmir.