Symbiosis Law Entrance Test (SLAT) is conducted by Symbiosis Law School, Pune established in June 1977. It was earlier affiliated to the University of Pune and later became a constituent of Symbiosis International University in 2002, with an enhanced degree of autonomy in teaching, learning and research.
It opens the gateway to Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Pune, SLS Hyderabad, SLS Noida and the recently added SLS Nagpur
- a. Maximum Marks: 150
- b. Duration of Exam: 150 mins
- c. No of Questions: 150
- d. Mode of Examination: Online
- e. Question Type: Multiple-Choice Questions
- f. Negative Marking: no negative marks
- Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT)
- PI-WAT (Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test)
Exam Syllabus & Distribution of Marks
- Logical Reasoning – 30 marks
- Legal Aptitude – 30 Marks
- Analytical Reasoning – 30 Marks
- Reading Comprehension – 30 marks
- General Knowledge – 30 marks
On declaration of SLAT result SLS, Pune will publish the list of shortlisted candidates who are eligible for the PI-WAT process.
PI-WAT (Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test):
- 1. PI (Personal Interaction) – 30 Marks
- 2. WAT (Writing Ability Test) – 20 Marks
- 1. PI (Personal Interaction): Personal interaction of shortlisted candidates will be conducted by a panel of experts from Industry / Academic.
- 2. Written Ability Test (WAT): The test includes writing a short essay on a given topic.
Important Dates of SLAT and SLS, Pune:
|Online Registration Starts (SLAT and SLS Pune)||18th February to 4th June 2021|
|SLAT Registration and Payment Closes||7th July 2021|
|SLAT Admit Card will be available from||14 June to 27th June 2021|
|SLAT Examination Date & Time||27th June 2021 from 9.30 am to 11.15 am|
|SLAT Result||8th July 2021|
|SLS, Pune Online Registration Starts (SLAT and SLS Pune)||18th February 2021|
|SLS, Pune Online Payment Closes (Credit Card/Debit Card/RTGS/NEFT/Online Banking)||7th July 2021|
|SLS Pune Payment via Demand Draft Closes on:||29th July 2021|
|SLS Pune Shortlist for Personal Interaction & Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT) (Name of the candidate will appear only if he/she has registered and paid (programme wise) to SLS, Pune while filling SLAT registration form)||Third week of August 2021|
|SLS Pune slot booking for Personal Interaction & Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT)||
To be Declared
|Shortlisted candidates can download PI-WAT letter||15th July 2021|
|PI-WAT for SLS Pune at SLS Pune Campus||To be Declared|
- Minimum marks in 10+2 or equivalent exam should be 45% (40% for S.C. /S.T. candidates).
- Students who have appeared for their Standard XII final examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply, subject to submission of passing certificate at the time of the final admission.
Seats & Reservations
1. The total intake is 300 seats [inclusive of 180 seats of BB.A. LL.B (Hons.) and 120 seats of B.A. LL.B (Hons.)] for Pune, Hyderabad and Noida. The total intake for Nagpur is 240 seats
2. Separate Merit Lists for BB.A. LL.B (Hons.) and B.A. LL.B (Hons.) programme will be prepared and published. At the time of SLAT registration, it shall be mandatory for the candidates to clearly indicate the programme to which they wish to apply. A candidate is free to choose BOTH or ANY ONE programme.